Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) is a group of connective tissue disorders. In simpler terms then that, It's like chronic scurvy inherited from my ancestors on the Mayflower. There are many different sub types of EDS. There is Classic Type I and II, Hypermobility Type III, and Vascular Type IV. There are a few more very rare one also. I am Classified as a Classic type, but have many signs of Vascular so I'm treated as a Vascular patient. I have very fragile skin and veins. I'm constantly popping blood vessels and am almost always having to wear band aids or ace bandages or braces. I have a small leak in one of my major heart valves, but it's nothing to be worried about at the moment.
So remember how I said my skin is really thin? Well, imagine looking at your are and seeing almost all your veins. Some time's it's kind of cool to be honest. I'm like a walking science project! If you look at my back or belly or legs or anywhere on my body, you'll be able to see a lot of my veins.
So, what else can I tell you guys about it? :/ *thinking face* haha. Hmm, Well, I can't think of anything right now. Feel free to ask me questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment